Any project must be aligned to clearly defined strategic goals and focus upon early deliverables of real benefit to the business.
Key stakeholders must:
- Understand the business objectives and be empowered and collaborate to deliver the right solution
- Be prepared to deliver a fit-for-purpose solution
- Be prepared to accept change is inevitable, as they understand more about the solution being developed
- Accept that the solution will be delivered in agreed the timescale, according to the priorities set by the business
- Vital stakeholders buy in to the philosophy
- Working solution an agreed date
- Should not expect 100%
- Stakeholders drive what is important, for their business needs
- Be open and clear about the philosophy & the way Atern delivers from the start
- Be prepared for stakeholders initial concerns
In Atern projects, the majority of negotiation is around fine detail not major headlines.